11 Things You’re Doing Wrong When You Shower | SELF
You’ve probably been showering on your own since before puberty, so you’ve got the entire process down to a science—turn on the water, hop in, and scrub yourself clean. Simple, right? The reality is there are a lot of other things that happen in the 15 minutes you’re behind the curtain, from shaving your legs to exfoliating your body.
To make the entire process more efficient and better for your skin, there are a few healthy shower habits to live by. The tools you use, the water temperature, and even your choice of body wash can have an effect on your skin. So, I asked top dermatologists to share the most common faux-pas that occur under the shower head.
1. You’re taking extremely hot showers.
2. You’re showering too often.
3. You’re using products with irritating ingredients.
4. You’re not filtering your water.
5. You’re re-using yesterday’s washcloth.
6. You’re leaving your loofah in your shower.
7. You’re overdoing it with the scrubbing.
8. You’re shaving in all directions.
9. You’re using last month’s razor.
10. You’re not moisturizing immediately after you shower.
11. You’re not wearing shower shoes at the gym.https://www.self.com/story/sorry-spf-makeup-is-not-enough-to-protect-you-from-the-sun?mbid=nl_090418_Daily_Hero3&utm_medium=dailyemail&CNDID=41881325&spMailingID=14188723&spUserID=MjQ3Mzc1NzcyNTc0S0&spJobID=1480306605&spReportId=MT